Monday, May 12, 2008

Popular Mechanics on GLXP; Some LunaTrex

CNN recently had a multi-part series of articles featuring the Google Lunar X PRIZE. Now Popular Mechanics is getting into it, too.

Tne New Moon Race - June 2008 Popular Mechanics Cover Story - I can't say much about it since I haven't been in a book store lately. I'll have to pick up a copy next time I get a chance. The PM link I used says:

Google X Prize, Mythbusters & More! Want to take $20 million off Google's hands? Our DIY guide to building a lunar rover could make you the next X Prize winner—really.

Debating NASA vs. DIY Rocketeers, Lunar Real Estate and the Open-Source X Prize: My Own Private Space PODCAST - The 3rd part of this Popular Mechanics podcast, about 20 minutes in, is an interview of Fred Borgouis, leader of GLXP Open Source team FredNet. The first part features some space prize events as well (eg: Burt and Ansari X PRIZE, picture or Lunar Lander Challenge). The 2nd part, an interview of Glenn Reynolds, concerns space property rights.

At the GLXP teams site, LunaTrex has another team member profile, this time for Joseph (Joe) Gangestad, President, Orbit Frontiers, LLC.