Saturday, January 03, 2009

Mars Fiction Awards

Marooned: Science Fiction books on Mars is a blog dedicated to SF about, or set on, one particular subject. I've read a handful of Mars SF books (Heinlein, Bradbury, Baxter, Robinson, Pohl, and Bear come to mind off the top of my head). I've probably also read at least a couple dozen Mars short stories (I'm more of a short story or novella reader, having read many Dozois collections, subscribed to SF magazines, and so on). I've also read a few non-fiction Mars books, including much of the University of Arizona Press's massive book Mars.

Apparently I've hardly scratched the surface.

Just to make sure we get prizes into this post, here's the Awards tag for the blog. I don't remember anything about Mars in Stapledon's "Last and First Men" which is mentioned presumably as a Mars book in this award post, though.